Million-plus sales, 14 books!
Coauthor Melissa Mead joins Diane Stafford in writing a series of books that will help people write better and live more successful cyber lives. Look for tips, guidelines, and fun commentary from their blog starting April 2019 on this website!
Living in Newport Beach, California, Diane Stafford now is focusing on a Young Adult novel and a self-help book that will give all levels of writers a jump-start and ample motivation to excel.
MAKE YOUR CHILD A WRITING STAR!
Affluent. Successful. Desperate.
Yes, you have your life cosmically aligned, but still, you fear walking in the door of your home at night. Pencils are flying. Children are yelling. Who knows when that daunting, recurring horror story hits your family room again?
Whether you are the disgruntled writer or the frantic parent, this dreaded scenario plays out daily in many homes in a million settings nationwide. The child goes to a great school, but every time they/he/she gets a writing assignment, the evening goes off the rails. One parent finds the kid playing with his pencil while complaining that he has no idea what to write (at best) or crying (at worst). You try workbooks and tutors—they fail. You recall some writing rules you learned in college or high school, but wow, that was a long time ago, and most of it is not relevant in the computer age, anyway. Teachers, in fact, tell us that in a classroom of 28, only two or three children actually like writing and only one thinks it is a "fun thing" to do.
Hitting the issue spot on, California English teacher Melissa Mead says that high school students write essays as if these were just "one great big text." A clear signal for "911" in regard to kids' writing skills, this dash-out-a-message of tweets, texts, and emails is changing teens' communications skills—and not in a good way.
Rescue time! The Best Writer in Class, a book that takes the mystery out of writing and motivates the young to use their words smartly while parents get to sit back and take a deep breath. Once equipped with a bag of tricks from HWC, the reader knows how to summon internal resources and flat-out enjoy writing, perhaps for the first time ever. In short, the blank screen and blank pages lose their reputations as creepers. "I'm a pretty good writer" is a sentence dancing in your child's head and making him or her or they somewhat smiley.
* Bestselling author Diane Stafford (far right) has fourteen books published and has sold more than one million books. She is pictured here with her daughter, Jennifer Shoquist, M.D., who coauthored several books with Stafford.
* Jennifer Shoquist, M.D., family medicine physician (left in photo), can give you pointers on health and on ways to stay healthy, happy, and balanced.
* Email us what you named your baby and why you love that name. Ask for advice on the names you're considering for your new baby. Buy our books on parenting, potty-training, baby names, and more.
* Send us your questions about parenting. We'll send you answers. Let us give you tips for raising your child from birth to 18.
* Services we offer via this website: book doctoring, copyediting, baby-name consulting (free), and parenting tips (free).
* To order one of Stafford's baby name books, click here.
* For Stafford's other books, go to www.barnesandnoble.com and www.amazon.com.